Walt Disney purchased Cinderella’s Golden Carousel from the Olympic Park in Maplewood, New Jersey in 1967. The carousel was built 50 years earlier, in 1917, by The Philadelphia Toboggan Company. At the time they were one of the most prestigious carousel companies. Today, ninety of the hand carved wooden horses are from the original carousel. An additional eleven fiberglass horses were build by Disney and added to the carousel.